Monday, April 29, 2013
Join the 4th Listener Family and Your Questions Will Get a Guaranteed In depth Response (Maybe By Video!)
But coming very soon on the Dogma Debate 4th Listener Family membership page...all registered member's science questions will have priority over non-members and will be guaranteed an in depth, researched response and possibly even a video response! If i can answer the question, you will always get an answer. This is to show my thanks and appreciation for the support that membership gives, because without ya'll I would just be some girl yelling big words.
This isn't all I will be doing for the members...We have lots of plans for yall!
-Rachel Nanon Brown
Co-host and Evolution Expert
Membership page - http://login.dogmadebate.com/
Sunday, March 3, 2013
Hopefully after this you not only know more about our moon but also know much more about the evolution of life on this planet.
Core, Magnetic Field, & Tectonic Plates
Axial Tilt & Climate
Friday, February 8, 2013
Ridiculous professional and non-professional creationist claims:
1.) Moon craters prove Noah’s Flood:
2.) God loves Horses and Whales
Dr. Hugh Ross
Here is a video of Dr. Hugh Ross stating that the horse and whale fossils that show evolution are actually real but that they are evidence of special creation. He claims that mutations have such a low chance of being beneficial (10,000/1) that you must have a small body size and small generation time to actually adapt. This is why we find change in labs because the organisms are so small. He claims that horses and whales have a small population size, a large body size, and long generation time, and all of this adds up to a 0% chance of survival. The reason he gives for why we find so many horse and whale fossils is that they are not because they are transitional but because "God loves horses and whales. He knows because of their huge size and small pop they will go extinct rapidly. When they do he makes new ones." He is actually accepting the existence to the horse and whale transitional fossils! But God just kept recreating them because he loved them.
4.) Dinosaurs are dragons - Small nostrils create flames
Dr. Richard Kent
This is the claim that before the flood there was really high oxygen levels but after the flood it dropped to today's levels, and this caused breathing problems for dinosaurs because they had small nostrils but large body sizes (because there arent small dinosaurs or anything). The low levels caused the dinosaurs to breathe in and out so quickly through their small nostrils that they caught fire and became the fire breathing dragons from the bible.
Next are creationist claims that are still commonly used today that have been listed on Answers in Genesis as arguments you should no longer use as evidence against evolution. If you receive one of these, try telling them that the claim they are making is no longer accepted as a valid argument by current "professional" creationist Ken Ham, the creator of Answers in Genesis and the
- There are no beneficial mutations.
- Now supposed to recognize that mutations are either neutral, positive, or negative depending on the environment
- Woolly mammoths were flash frozen during the Flood catastrophe.
- If we evolved from apes, apes shouldn’t exist today.
- Creationists are supposed to acknowledge this: “In an evolutionary worldview, mankind did not evolve from apes but from an apelike ancestor, from which both humans and apes of today supposedly evolved.”
- No new species have been produced.
- Creationist supposed to accept new species being created. Must use the word “kind” (http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/v3/n1/zonkeys-ligers-wholphin) that is purely defined by creationists based on no scientific characteristics and claim evolution cant change different “kinds” into each other. This means they accept beneficial mutations that change color, form, and everything else to adapt organisms to an environment. A fox and a dog must be linked to one “kind” on the ark. This IS evolution.
- If we evolved from apes, apes shouldn’t exist today.
- Must acknowledge: “In an evolutionary worldview, mankind did not evolve from apes but from an apelike ancestor, from which both humans and apes of today supposedly evolved.”
- Evolution is just a theory
- ““Theory” has a stronger meaning in scientific fields than in general usage; it is better to say that evolution is just a hypothesis or one model to explain the untestable past.”
- There was a water vapor canopy surrounding earth before the Flood
- Now supposed to follow that Noah’s flood waters came from within the depths of the Earth instead of Kent Hovind’s claim of the water being in a vapor canopy.
- Paluxy tracks prove that humans and dinosaurs co-existed.
- Current acclaimed man tracks are disproven and must take the view that there are mysterious things about the tracks that COULD show something, leaving the option open though there is no evidence for man tracks left. “Even though it would now be improper for creationists to continue to use the Paluxy data as evidence against evolution, in the light of these questions, there is still much that is not known about the tracks and continued research is in order.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Evidence for evolution using the chromosome fusion found in humans (a.k.a the sciencey stuff)
So let's simplify the structure of the chromosome:
- Not one centromere but two centromeres
- Not a centromere in the center, but two additional telomere sequences together
- Not two
pre-telomeric regions but four pre-telomeric regions
Human chromosome 2 to the rescue!Chromosome 2 is the second largest human chromosome, spanning more than 243 million base pairs (building blocks of DNA, guanine-cytosine and adenine-thymine), it represents almost 8% of the total DNA in cells and contains at least 1,491 genes. The human chromosome 2 is accepted to be a result of an end– to–end fusion of two ancestral chromosomes back in our ape past.
So can we find all of the required parts above?
Are we alone out there in the chromosome fusion world?
Full list: http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/9/1326/T1.expansion.html
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
In utero, we mammals develop three separate kidneys in succession, absorbing the first two before we end up with what will eventually become our adult kidney. The first two kidneys reprise embryonic kidneys of ancestral forms in the proper evolutionary order.